Language Workbench Challenge 2013
The assignment for the Language Workbench Competition can be found in this assignment document (PDF, right-click to save). The PDF document contains a full description of the content and format we expect for submissions.
This year, no reference implementation will be provided.
Submitting and participating
Participants can mail their contributions to [submission @languageworkbenches.net], after which they will be published on our submission page.
Because of logistics, we would like to know up front 1) who will be sending us a submission, and 2) who will be able to present their solution at the workshop in Cambridge.
FROM NOW ON (DEC 19, 2012) - NEW SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CAREFULLY EVALUATED AS TO WHAT THEY ADD TO THE WORKSHOP. NOT BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT MORE, BUT BECAUSE WITH 13 SUBMISSIONS PENDING, THE DAY SCHEDULE IS AT IT'S LIMIT.
A workshop will be organised the day before CodeGeneration 2012 , where solutions can be presented and extended in co-operation with the audience.
Program - April 9th, 2013
The program on April 9th will consists of two parts. In the morning session, participants will be allowed to present their solution, in the afternoon a more interactive hands on part will be organised, allowing presenters to show their solution to the workshop visitors, and together with them extend the solution.
The program in detail (order of presentations to be decided):
- 08:30-09:00 Registraton
- 09:00-12:30 Solution presentations (coffee break around 10:30)
- 12:30-13:30 Lunch
- 13:30-14:50 Solution presentations part 2
- 15:00-17:15 Hands on per language workbench (coffee break during set up)
- 17:15-17:30 Closing
Each solution will be presented in a 15 minute presentation in the morning and early afternoon. After the presentations, well setup tables where each solution can be demoed, extended and discussed in small groups - depending on the interest of those attending the workshop. Wi-Fi is available in the workshop room, so people can demo and share whatever is needed over the network.
Registration for the LWC 2012 is handled in conjunction with CodeGeneration 2013 (http://www.codegeneration.net/cg2013).
Note that, like last year, we will also have to charge a small fee from our speakers, to cover for the cost of the venue.
Details on registration can be found here: http://cg2013.eventbrite.com/
If you want to participate in any form, please notify us before December 31st, 2012 (send an e-mail to [submission @languageworkbenches.net]).
Participants who want to show case their solution should provide a working demonstration by March 10th, 2013
The workshop will be held on April 9th, 2012.
The following teams and people have indicated they are working on a solution to the 2013 challenge, and are willing to demonstrate it at the workshop:
- Meinte Boersma - Más (demo of solution: http://www.mas-wb.com)
- Sebastian Erdweg - SugarJ (personal web: http://erdweg.org, Sugarj: http://sugarj.org, paper: assignment document , solution preview: https://github.com/seba--/sugarj/tree/questionnaire/case-studies/questionnaire-language)
- Enrico Persiani and Riccardo Solmi - Whole Platform (company: http://www.metatis.com, solution preview: http://github.com/wholeplatform/whole-examples)
- Walter Almeida - Generative Objects (company: http://www.generativeobjects.com)
- Pedro J. Molina & Ruben Jimenez - Icinetic (company: http://www.icinetic.com, solution preview: https://bitbucket.org/icinetic/lwc2013-icinetic or https://bitbucket.org/icinetic/lwc2013-icinetic/downloads)
- Klemens Schindler, Remi Bosman, Albert Gerritsen, Eugen Schindler, Martin Palatnik - MPS (company: http://www.sioux.eu, solution preview: http://code.google.com/p/mps-lwc13)
- Karsten Thoms, Johannes Dicks, Thomas Kutz - Xtext (company: http://www.itemis.com, solution preview: http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/lwc13-xtext/)
- Eelco Visser et.al. - Spoofax (company: http://eelcovisser.org/slde, solution preview: https://github.com/metaborg/lwc2013)
- Rico Huijbers - LISP (company: http://www.sioux.eu, solution preview: https://github.com/rix0rrr/lwc-2013-clojure)
- Tijs van der Storm - Rascal (product site: http://www.rascal-mpl.org, solution preview: https://github.com/cwi-swat/QL-R-kemi)
- Alex Loh - Ensō
- Risto Pohjonen - MetaEdit+ (company: http://www.metacase.com, solution preview: http://www.metacase.com/support/50/repository/)
- Viktor Tönköl, Peter Balogh, Zsolt Palmai - Danubius Design Studio (solution preview: https://danubiusinfo.hu/en/lwc2013)
- Wim Bast, Carel Bast, Ronald Krijgsheld, Tom Brus - Declare